There is almost no person that hasn`t experienced his or her phone beeing dropped in or damaged by water, moisture or some other liquid.
So what should you do in a situation like this, For sure best thing to do is to bring your phone to a professional cell phone repair store, but if for some reason there are no specialized shops around you or it`s past work hours or any other reason that prevents you from bringing your phone to a professional technician it`s good to know what you can do to prevent any further damage to your device.
1. If your phone is still functional try to backup all of your data if you haven`t done that previously.
It is always good to have your data backed up, it`s easy to replace the phone but recovering the data is not.
2. If your phone still works after the drop best thing to do is to turn it off immediately. Where possible take out or unplug the battery.
Cutting off the phone power supply will prevent from corrosion beeing formed on the solder joints that can and will turn into a rust.
3. Wipe off any visible liquid from the phone to prevent it from getting into the phone. Place the phone near a heat source or sunny place to dry. Use of a hair dryer is not recommended as it can disperse the water on the unaffected areas of the main board.
4. Even if your phone is still functional after the water damage best thing to do is to refrain from turning the phone on or trying to charge your device. As said before this will lower the risk of a corrosion being formed around the components preventing further damage to your phone.
5. Everything said above is something that you can do by yourself in order to help the technicians to save your phone and your valuable data. Maybe these measures will not save your phone completely but they won`t do any harm either.
6. Nevertheless, the best thing to do is to bring your phone to a cell phone repair store that can properly extract the remaining moisture out of your phone thus saving your precious device.
Write a comment